Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Housekeeper of the year!

I havent updated my blog in a long time, so I thought I would do it today. First off I feel very blessed to work where I work. I am sure many saw that I was nominated and also won the award from the Utah Hotel and Lodging Association for Housekeeper of the year. I feel very humbled to have won and truly wasnt expecting it. The conference was held at the Grand America down in Salt Lake City. It is the only 5 star hotel in Utah. I was amazed when I first walked in to the hotel. Every thing was so beautiful. I felt very out of place especially when I went into the bathroom. I didnt feel I was high enough class to even use the bathroom. :) But I did. Each stall had its own little chandler. I was truly amazed. My goal is to stay there one night, some time! :)

When it came time for lunch and the announcing of the awards I had already convinced myself I wasnt going to win. The time came for my category and  they said they had narrowed it to 2 finalist, which was me and some guy named Jose. Honestly, when they read my name, in my head I was saying Jose's. I was very shocked to say the least and who would have thought I would have gotten so nervous. I was shaking the whole way up to the stage, while I was getting the award and while I walked back to the table. Truly an experience I will never forget!

1 comment: